Facebook

Tuesday 23 August 2016

2016 Pirelli Ferrari formula classic - Brands Hatch Indy - Race 2

What a fantastic weekend at the Festival Italia weekend at Brands Hatch, Kent.  Although the Indy Circuit isn't my favourite the whole event itself was fantastic.

Grid walk was a great idea ahead of Race 1

Race 1 didn't go quite to plan.  Starting from 2nd on the grid, I managed to get a great start and held a comfortable lead before catching the back markers.  Watching the close fight between Moorwood and Ugo into Paddock Hill I dive to the inside, but unfortunately William doesn't see me and moves across, pushing me onto the grass.  'It's difficult to stop on grass' I'm sure you are aware, so I'm fortunate to get out of the gravel on the outside of Druids to limp back to the pits for some TLC ahead of the next race,  Italia v Angelis.

Although we had an off in Race 1, it could have been worse (Check out the Alfa roll) Autosport - 18.8.16

After clearing out the gravel, we miss the assembly for the first Italia v Angelis race and start from the pit lane.  It's a shame I didn't have my camera setup as I loved every minute of the race, cutting through the field.  Watching the way each car handled the tight Indy circuit was very entertaining. Although most were on slicks the 355 had the balance to push through to a 2nd overall.

I explain the theory of Black 355s to Einstein on the way to Race Control


Finally, Race 2 of the classic, this time with video connected.  I'll let you check the footage, but 0.021 seconds was the gap between 2nd and 3rd.  Who was 2nd?

Race 2 footage - Photo Finish




No comments:

Post a Comment